As a homeowner, you have to place the security of your home on top of your priority list. It can’t be denied that living inside your house feeling completely safe and secure is one of the best feelings ever, and if there’s a place that can make you feel safe all times, then that’d be your home together with your family.
To help ensure the security of your home and family, you can choose from a wide range of options such as a pet dog, a home alarm system, and of course, a CCTV installation. Like most home security measures, you have to make sure that your CCTV system is properly set up. But how is that possible?
Fortunately, we have just the answer to that. Allow us to explain everything that’s included in a CCTV installation in this article.
Proper CCTV Placement
You have to make sure that your CCTV’s field of vision isn’t obstructed in order for it to provide the protection you need. Placing it in a bad spot would render it useless. That said, you should make sure that it can cover any entryways and getaway routes as possible during a CCTV installation.
Ideally, you want to place it in a spot that people can see, as it can most likely ward off any possible intruders. Some areas you want to consider include the following:
• Your front door – By installing a CCTV on your front door, you’ll be able to identify who comes in and goes out of your premises any time of the time. This will even allow you to deter those so-called porch pirates.
• Back and side entryways – Back and side entryways are yet another area where you should make sure to install a CCTV. Most of the time, people tend to set up their own CCTVs in their side doors and windows only. However, with the help of an experienced electrician in Melbourne, you’ll be able to enjoy added security and protection by having CCTVs installed in often overlooked areas of your home.
• Backyard – Your entrances might have CCTVs installed, but how about your backyard? Not only will installing CCTVs in your backyard help with your security, but it can also help you in a lot of ways. For example, it can help you check if your pet has escaped from your property through the backyard, etc.
CCTV Placement Dos and Don’ts
Do make sure to secure your outdoor cameras from external elements. Always make sure that yours are weather-proof so they can still function despite the current weather and avoid switchboard failures as much as possible.
• Do install them above the ground. One of the most important CCTV installation tips we can teach you is to install your cameras above the ground. Not only will it give you a wider field of view, but it can also keep them from being tampered as well.
• Don’t place them directly under the sun. Doing so will only make them practically useless as the glare from the sun can interfere with the quality of pictures they can capture.
For all your CCTV installation and other electrical needs, you can count on Artisan Electrical to provide you with the services you need. Whether it’s a simple installation or an emergency electrician service, we will make sure to provide you with the exact service you need.